People who suffer from Blepharitis – inflammation of the eye lids — are looking for a cure. The question is – “Is There a Cure for Blepharitis?”
Blepharitis and dry eyes often concur – they are linked. Many people who suffer with blepharitis find that this common eye condition can recur and make dry eyes even worse. Blepharitis can affect both men and women, children and adults, and is not limited to any particular ethnicity. Therefore, treatment for this condition is commonly needed. If you have blepharitis and dry eyes, the simple answer is – “There is no cure”
TheraLife carries a complete line of all-natural blepharitis and dry eye relief products.
We can help you manage this condition, prevent vision damage and make your life a whole lot easier.
Blepharitis is a condition that affects the base of the eyelashes. It can be present in front or behind the eyelid. Classified as either chronic or acute, adults are the most common suffers. When the condition is acute, blepharitis is often referred to as an eyelid infection. However, when inflammation is chronic, blepharitis is often the diagnosis. Blepharitis is thought to affect almost half of patients who visit an eye doctor.
When this condition is located on the front of the upper eyelid, it is referred to as anterior blepharitis and is similar to dandruff on the scalp. If located on the inside of the upper eyelids, it is called posterior blepharitis. Since the glands that secrete lubricating oil to thicken tears are located on upper and lower eye lids, dry eyes often accompany posterior blepharitis.
Symptoms of Blepharitis
The signs of blepharitis can be seen on the eyelids and include:
- Redness of the eyes or eyelids
- Itchiness on or around the eyes
- Flacking skin on the edge of the eyelids
- Crusting at the base of the lashes that may be more prominent in the morning
- A feeling of burning, itching, or grittiness on the eyes
- Excessive tear production
- Sticky eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Inability to wear contact lenses
Although not a sight-threatening problem, blepharitis can decrease a person’s vision. Therefore, blepharitis treatment is vital to improve quality of life.
An eye doctor will determine if a patient has anterior or posterior blepharitis. Using a slit lamp is helpful in revealing the presence of blepharitis looking for crusty sticky build up on the eye lashes with bacteria or mites attached to the lashes.
Anterior blepharitis is often diagnosed when the following symptoms are present:
- Redness and swelling of the eyelid
- Increased size of the blood vessels on the outside of the eyelid
- Flaky skin on the base of the outer part of the eyelash base
- In severe cases, eyelashes that point inward, toward the eye
- Loss of color of the eyelashes
- Loss of eyelashes
- Scarring of the eyelid or cornea
Posterior blepharitis is often diagnosed when the following symptoms are present:
- Glands located at the base of the eyelashes that are blocked or dilated
- Thick secretion of oil from the glands
- Scaring on the lid around the glands
Eyelids that are red and sticky with clumps of scaly skin located around the base of the eyelashes can be soothed with a hot compress applied twice a day to the affected area. Once the crusty skin is loosened, gentle cleaning of the area can remove this dead skin. TheraLife offers a complete line of natural eye care products that can relieve the symptoms of blepharitis.
The best eye lid cleanser is hypochlor based where it works by disrupting the biofilm layer where bacteria or mites to anchor, therefore preventing re-attachment. Detergent based eye lid cleanser tend to clean off the debri, but also strips off precious lubricantion secreted by the meibomian glands.
As a leader in chronic dry eye relief, TheraLife goes directly to the source of blepharitis, naturally treating underactive tear secretion, the root cause of dry eyes and blepharitis. Targeting this issue from the inside out, TheraLife provides the body with the natural ability to produce tears which can eliminate painful, irritated, and dry eyes. Now with the ability to eliminate the need for constant eye drops, TheraLife users are finding that their eye pain, redness, and dryness disappear naturally with use of their complete line of blepharitis solutions.
Once dry eye is under control by eliminating inflammation, blepharitis will also be under control with proper lid hygiene.
- HypoChlor Cleanser – Containing hypochlor, this natural cleanser prevents reattachment of mites and bacteria to the biofilm layer of the eye lid.
- TheraLife Eye Capsules – Helping to restore the natural tear secretion to eyes, the clinically-proven ingredients in these natural capsules help stop the dry eye cycle and bring a healthier, long-term solution to dry eye treatment
- Fish Oil – A natural tear thickening and inflammation fighting agent
- Hot Compress – Stays hot for a prolonged period of time allowing the meibomian glands to unclog and function normally.
TheraLife All-In-One Blepharitis Starter Kit includes: Best Blepharitis Treatment
- 4 bottles of TheraLife Eye
- 1 bottle of molecularly distilled purified Fish Oil
- 1 bottle of eye lid cleanser
- 1 gel hot compress
- 90-day money back guarantee
There is no cure for Blepahritis and dry eyes, but there is help that can make your life normal again.
Don’t suffer another day with painful, red, and irritated dry eyes. Let TheraLife help bring natural relief to dry eyes.