Dry Eyes and Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS)
Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) is a very real problem for many people who spend hours daily in front of a computer screen. CVS is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer display for prolonged, uninterrupted periods of time.
Symptoms of CVS
- Blurred vision
- Neck pain
- Eye strain
- Dry, irritated eyes
- Difficulty refocusing the eyes
These symptoms can be further aggravated by improper lighting conditions (i.e. bright overhead lighting or glare) or air moving past the eyes (e.g. overhead vents, direct air from a fan).
Causes of CVS
Infrequent blinking- The normal blink rate in human eyes is 16 to 20 blinks per minute. Studies have shown that the blink rate decreases to as low as 6 to 8 blinks per minute for persons working on the computer screen. Less blinking leads to dry eyes. Also, the near-focusing effort required for such long hours puts strain on ciliary muscles of the eye.
Treatments for CVS
For those computer users who also have pain involving wrist, neck and shoulder, or back pain and fatigue, see TheraLife offers for these symptoms:
- TheraLife® Eye for Dry Eyes
- TheraLife® Fatigue – to relieve stress, fatigue, mild depression, and insomnia and improve ability to focus at work.
- TheraLife® Neck and Shoulder – to relieve pain in neck and shoulder muscles from long periods of inactivity at the computer
- TheraLife® Wrist – to relieve pain and strain from prolonged periods of typing on the computer keyboard.
- TheraLife® Back and Leg – to relieve back and leg muscle pain. (Not meant to relieve pain from nerve-related issues such as sciatica.)
Sometimes, simply rearranging your work environment to create better ergonomics is all you need to do to reduce eyestrain and other vision problems related to CVS. In some cases, a good pair of computer eyeglasses may help you see better, if they are fitted to suit the computer-viewing distance.
Many patients reach for over-the-counter artificial tears, which actually wash away the thickening agents in the tear and make it easier for tears to evaporate. Artificial tear drops ultimately cause the eyes to be – and feel – even drier.
The TheraLife® Eye Difference
- All-natural products without the side effects of drugs
- 100% safe and pure ingredients, FDA approved
- Provides lasting relief for chronic dry eye discomfort
- Helps reduce irritation and inflammation of the tear glands, eye surfaces, and eyelids
- Helps restore your eyes’ ability to produce their own natural tears
- Clinically proven – 86% of patients in a clinical study showed increased tear production
- Helps more than fish oils or flax seed oils alone because of its unique, patented formulation of nutrients, phytochemicals, and proprietary herbal extracts that
- Improves ocular micro-circulation – to deliver more nutrients and oxygen to the eye, while carrying out more harmful waste products
- Stimulates Mito-Activation – to boost intracellular metabolism and restore normal cell function
- Keeps your eyes healthier and stronger
- 90-day money back guarantee
What You Need to Know
- Dry Eye Symptoms
- Cure Dry Eyes
- What Causes Dry Eyes?
- Who’s At Risk for Dry Eye Syndrome?
- Dry Eye Treatment
- Home Remedies for Dry Eyes
- Dry Eye Prognosis and Complications
- Dry Eye Diagnosis – Send Us Your Results
- How Common is Dry Eye Syndrome?