Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
TheraLife® Eye Enhanced has been clinically proven to restore normal tear production for those suffering from blocked meibomian glands, clogged meibomian glands, meibomian cysts (chalazion), meibomian blepharitis, meibomianitis, and other problems associated with meibomian gland disease.
TheraLife® Eye heals eye oil glands intracellularly – from inside – in combination with our omega 3 supplements, hot compress, and eye lid cleansings. Learn more or buy the complete treatment package today!
What is Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD)?
Meibomian glands are located on the upper and lower eyelids. Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) occurs when the oil glands in the eye become inflamed and blocked or clogged. A chalazion (plural = chalazia) is like a bubble of fluid that forms under the eyelid if the eye’s normal secretions cannot be dispersed and become trapped in one pocket of tissue. Meibomian gland dysfunction (also called meibomian gland disease, meibomianitis, etc.) and chalazia often occur together – and in combination with other problems, like blepharitis and dry, watery, crusty eyes. If the eye’s oil glands become clogged, a crust or other build-up will form. The eye can become dry due to lack of proper lubrication. The eye can also, then, become overly watery, if it is trying to compensate for being too dry. The problem is that if you have MGD, there are no oils to thicken the tears, meaning that the tears you do produce – in overabundance – will be too thin and insubstantial to offer real, lasting relief.
Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) is very difficult to treat, and is one of the most challenging issues facing eye physicians.
Diagnosis of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
The clinical presentation of MGD includes capped meibomian glands and foamy tears. Expression of the meibomian glands may be difficult. The secretions of the meibomian glands can become extremely thickened and have the appearance of toothpaste. The plugged glands can become infected and the patient may complain of recurrent styes. The dysfunctional lipid layer that occurs in MGD leads to a rapid tear film break up and evaporative loss of tears, resulting in dry eyes.
Symptoms of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
The symptoms of meibomian gland disease include burning that is worst on waking (by contrast, if you have aqueous deficient eyes, burning worsens as the day goes on). Increased tear evaporation leads to dry eyes, and MGD and dry eye syndrome go hand in hand. Treating the MGD can be the key to alleviating symptoms, such as:
- Foreign body sensation
- Light sensitivity
- Blurred vision
- Contact lens intolerance
Typical Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatments
The routine care for Meibomian Gland Dysfunction involves:
- TheraLife® Eye plus Omega 3 Fish Oil for a minimum of 3 months, on 8 capsules per day for first time users (product package level III)
- Warm compresses (2 times per day for 10 minutes each time) – a hot wash cloth is not good enough; use a gel type compress or a rice- or bean-bag heated up in the microwave oven.
- Lid scrubs and eyelid massage
- Antibiotics with strong anti-inflammatory properties – both topical and systemic (oral pills)
- Steroid eye drops – for a duration of no more than one month
In about 80% of cases, daily application of hot compresses to the eyelid followed by lid massage can help restore the normal consistency of the meibum, which in turn restores meibomian gland function. Hot compresses help because the abnormal meibum changes from solid to liquid at a melting point that is higher than the ocular surface temperature; when the meibum liquifies, the glands are no longer obstructed. Omega-3 nutritional supplementation can reduce inflammation and provide more treatment from within the lid cells.
Other Meibomian Gland Dysfunction Treatments
- Physical probes- Your eye doctor uses a physical probe to unclog your meibomian glands.
- Laser treatments – Intense pulsed light for your eyes loosens clogging.
- Thermal Pulsation Heat Wave Treatment- Ask your doctors where the treatment centers are.
These treatments are typically repeated every 6-9 month in order to maintain meibomian gland health.
How Can TheraLife Eye Help?
TheraLife® Eye provides dry eye relief while reducing inflammation, restoring normal cell function to both meibomian and lacrimal glands. It has strong anti-inflammatory properties. TheraLife® Eye is all-natural, effective, and clinically proven to relief dry eyes with 80% success for first time users. It is your alternative to frequent use of eye drops, which make your eyes drier.
The TheraLife® Eye Difference
- All-natural products without the side effects of drugs
- 100% safe and pure ingredients, FDA approved
- Provides lasting relief for chronic dry eye discomfort
- Helps reduce irritation and inflammation of the tear glands, eye surfaces, and eyelids
- Helps restore your eyes’ ability to produce their own natural tears
- Clinically proven – 86% of patients in a clinical study showed increased tear production
- Helps more than fish oils or flax seed oils alone because of its unique, patented formulation of nutrients, phytochemicals, and proprietary herbal extracts that
- Improves ocular micro-circulation – to deliver more nutrients and oxygen to the eye, while carrying out more harmful waste products
- Stimulates Mito-Activation – to boost intracellular metabolism and restore normal cell function
- Keeps your eyes healthier and stronger
- 90-day money back guarantee
What You Need to Know
- Dry Eye Symptoms
- What Causes Dry Eyes?
- Who’s At Risk for Dry Eye Syndrome?
- Dry Eye Treatment
- Dry Eye Treatment
- Home Remedies for Dry Eyes
- Dry Eye Prognosis and Complications
- Dry Eye Diagnosis – Send Us Your Results
- How Common is Dry Eye Syndrome?
Other Causes of Dry Eyes
- Blepharitis 2
- Blepharitis AMP
- Blepharitis Relief
- Dry Eyes and Aging
- Dry Eyes and Allergies
- Dry Eyes and Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS)
- Dry Eyes and High Altitudes
- Dry Eyes and LASIK
- Dry Eyes and Menopause
- Dry Eyes and Stress
- Dry Eyes at Night
- Dry Eyes in Winter
- Dry Eyes with Contacts
- Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
- Watery Dry Eyes Treatment
All-in-One Eye Enhanced Starter Kit
Original Price $184.80, Discounted $170.00 ( Save $14.85. or 8%)
Contains everything you need to get started in treating dry eyes, blepharitis, and/or meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD).
All-in-One Starter Kit includes:
4 bottles of TheraLife® Eye Enhanced
1 bottle of Omega-3 Fish Oil
1 bottle Eye Lid Cleanser
1 Hot Compress
TheraLife® especially recommends this starter kit to Blepharitis/MGD dry eye sufferers because it includes all of the elements that are essential for getting lasting dry eye relief, collected for you into one conveniently packaged solution.