Sjogren Syndrome (also Sjogren’s Syndrome)
Sjogren’s Syndrome is a chronic autoimmune disease where the white blood cells in one’s body attack their moisture-producing glands – namely tear and salivary glands. There are as many as ten million people worldwide living with this disease.
The disease was first identified in 1933 by Dr. Henrik Sjogren. Sjogren’s syndrome occurs across all racial and ethnic groups. General awareness about Sjogren’s syndrome is still lacking, even among physicians.
Sjogren’s Syndrome Facts
- Sjogren’s syndrome is an autoimmune disease.
- Sjogren’s syndrome involves inflammation of glands (in particular glands within the eye and mouth) and other issues of the body.
- About 90% of Sjogren’s syndrome patients are female.
- Sjogren’s syndrome can be complicated by infections of the eyes, breathing passages, and mouth.
- Sjogren’s syndrome is typically associated with antibodies against a variety of body tissues (auto antibodies).
- Diagnosis of Sjogren’s syndrome can be confirmed with a saliva-gland biopsy.
- Treatment of patients with Sjogren’s syndrome is directed toward the particular areas of the body that are involved and toward any existing complications, such as infections.
- Sjogrens syndrome is one of the most prevalent autoimmune disorders.
Click on any of the links to the right to learn more.
Everything you need to start treating chronic dry eyes related autoimmune conditions. The All-in-One Autoimmune Starter Kit offers: 4 bottles TheraLife® Eye Autoimmune, 1 bottle Omega-3 Fish Oil, 1 Eye Lid Cleanser, and 1 Hot Compress. For dry eyes from Sjogren’s Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ocular Rosacea, Graves’ disease, Raynaud’s, Lupus, bone marrow transplantation, Graft Versus Host disease, and more.
[su_button url=”https://www.theralife.com/all-in-one-autoimmune-starter-kit/” style=”default” background=”#2D8701″ size=”5″ icon=”icon: arrow-circle-right”]Learn more[/su_button]
Sign Up for TheraLife Newsletter and Get Sjogrens Survival Tips for Dry Eye Relief
[su_posts template="templates/list-loop.php" posts_per_page="-1" post_type="page" taxonomy="topic" tax_term="16" tax_operator="0" order="asc" orderby="menu_order"]