Your eyes are soar! They hurt!. You have been told you have chronic dry eyes
You are already using eye drops- feels like you have to put them in every 10 minutes!.
Here are some simple suggestions to help:
- Drink plenty of water – we recommend at least 8 glasses per day. Fruit juices are fine. Avoid caffeine from coffee or soda. Drink decaffeinated coffee as an alternative
- Exercise – at least three to four times per week. The more the better! Exercises improve circulation and help deliver blood and nutrients to the eye.
- Use humidifiers -either single portable units next to your desk or install it for your central air system. This is most helpful in winter or if you live in a dry, high altitude climate. Be sure to clean it often in order not to build up bacteria in the humidifier.
- Wear wrap around sunglasses outdoors – dry eyes are often light and wind sensitive.
- Avoid frequent use of eye drops- do you put eye drops in your eyes, and they feel dry again in 10 minutes? Eye drops wash away mucin, proteins and lipids that thicken your tears to prevent fast evaporation. Long-term use can condition your eyes not to secret tears and exacerbate the dry eye condition.
- Wear eye goggles at night – your eyelids maybe partially open during sleep – to test this, tape 2 wet cotton balls onto your eyes for one night and see if your dry eye condition improved when you wake up. If yes, you can buy a goggle to wear at night that contains moisture pads. We recommend TranquilEyes from eyeeco.com.
- Use warm compress over your eyes- to improve circulation and allow you to relax. For more information.
- Get enough sleep!
- Computer use -schedule frequent breaks and take your eyes away from the computer and look out the window every hour.
Is this information helpful? Forward to your friends!
Learn a new approach to treating Dry Eyes- by stimulating tear glands to secrete balanced, sustainable, natural tears from TheraLife. Go to: www.theralife.com/enhanced.html
How can TheraLife Eye Help?
TheraLife Eye is effective in reducing inflammation and stimulates tear flow for chronic dry eye relief. Often people with chronic dry eyes also have blepharitis. Treating chronic dry eyes reduces the inflammation, and also helps to reduce the recurrence of blepharitis. It is highly recommended that those who have blepharitis stay on TheraLife Eye long term to increase the rate of success.