What Are Crusty Eyes?
People with crusty eyes sometimes describe it as being like having your eyes glued shut in the morning. There is typically a build-up on the eye lid that is a yellowish, sticky, crusty substance. This crusty eye lid condition can be temporary. When it is persistent, you have a chronic condition that requires medical intervention.
What Causes Crusty Eyes?
Causes of crusty eyes and dry eye discharge include conjunctivitis (pink eyes), bacterial or viral infections, ocular herpes, allergies, stye – also called a hordeolum or chronic dry eye conditions – including blepharitis and meibomian gland dysfunction.
Depending on what is causing the eye discharge, additional symptoms may include:
- Blurred vision
- Burning sensation
- Itchy sensation
- Dry eyes
- Sore eyes
- Watery eyes
- Red crusty eyes
- Photophobia (sensitivity to light) – a typical dry eye syndrome.
- Blurry vision
- Spread of infection – especially bacterial or viral infections
- Cornea damage can be caused by crusty eyelids and chronic dry eyes if the cornea gets scratched
- Loss of vision
- Dry, itchy eyes – due to allergies
- Inability to open eyelids in the morning
- Red, bloodshot eyes
Relief for Chronic Crusty Eyes
- Use a warm washcloth to soften the crust, if your eyelids feel like they are glued shut. This will allow you to open your eyes.
- Stop using eye makeup, especially if you have chronic blepharitis.
- If you wear contact lenses, replace the cleaning and storage solutions daily. In severe cases, stop using contact lenses until you recover.
- Start a TheraLife® regimen today. The eyelid cleanser will remove excess oil and prevent bacteria and mites from attaching to your crusty eyelids. TheraLife® Eye Enhanced capsules will restore your tear secretion glands’ ability to produce normal tears for dry eye relief. START TODAY!
What You Need to Know
- Dry Eye Symptoms
- What Causes Dry Eyes?
- Who’s At Risk for Dry Eye Syndrome?
- Dry Eye Treatment
- Home Remedies for Dry Eyes
- Dry Eye Prognosis and Complications
- Dry Eye Diagnosis – Send Us Your Results
- How Common is Dry Eye Syndrome?
Other Causes of Dry Eyes
Crusty Eyes: How TheraLife® Eye Can Help
If you are visiting this page because you have crusty eyes, you may have Blepharitis or Meibomian Gland Dysfunction – some of the most difficult dry eye conditions to treat.
TheraLife® Eye is doctor recommended and clinically proven to work for 80% of first time users.
You may have already tried eye drops, antibiotics, and steroids to no avail. TheraLife® Eye is different—it restores the tear secretion glands intra-cellularly resulting in balanced, sustainable tears all day long. TheraLife® Eye provides relief for crusty eyes and dry eye discharge by reducing inflammation and restoring normal tear functions, intra-cellularly. TheraLife® Eye used in conjunction with the recommended daily routine of eyelid cleaning and hot compress, can help get your life back on track! If you’ve never tried TheraLife® Eye, we recommend our All-in-One Starter Kit that includes everything you need to get relief for your crusty eyes.
Original Price $184.80, Discounted $170.00 (Save $14.85. or 8%)
All-in-One Starter Kit
Contains everything you need to get relief for crusty eyes, Blepharitis, and/or Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). All-in-One Eye Enhanced Starter Kit includes:
- 4 bottles of TheraLife® Eye Enhanced
- 1 bottle of Omega-3 Fish Oil
- 1 package Eye Lid Cleanser
- 1 Hot Compress for Eyes
TheraLife® especially recommends this starter kit to Blepharitis/MGD dry eye sufferers because it includes all of the elements that are essential for getting lasting relief for crusty eyes, collected for you into one conveniently packaged solution.